Have you ever used a website review checklist? Between us: I’m not a fan.
They manage to be overwhelming and incomplete at the same time. And the worst thing of all is that they are just collections of single tips with no strategy behind.
Yet, a checklist is a great tool to find out how you can improve your website.
So I created one that actually helps you do it. In a strategic, pain-free and fun way. Watch this 3-minute video where I show you how it works.
Note: This video has subtitles, so you can watch it with sound muted.
Download, unzip and start reviewing your website right away.
Bonus: Tips on how to get the most out of this checklist (and your website!)
I won’t blame you if you are not a fan of the “usual” website review checklists you see online.
They are overwhelming, have a narrow focus, and – most importantly – are just collections of single tips.
Usual website checklists are just collections of single tips. But single tips won’t work unless they are a part of a bigger strategy.
This interactive website review checklist:
- Is based on a 4-step strategy of how to get people to buy your product or services.
- Takes into account every aspect of running a successful business website:
- flawless SEO
- clean web design
- high quality content
- effective content marketing (on your website and on social media), etc.
- Is not overwhelming because of the way it is structured.
- Is flexible, and you can add points that are specific only to your website
After you’ve used it to review your website for the first time and crossed off things that you’ve already done, you’ll be able to see a clear picture of where you are. In particular:
- What’s missing on your website.
- What have you been doing wrong.
- How you can do it better.
Going forward, you can use it as an on-going todo list for your website and as a tool to organize new information you find online.
Apart of its usability advantages, this checklist will also automatically teach you the “why” – the reasons behind this or that check point without much text around it.
If you want your website to do better but don’t know how, this is your answer.
P.S. If mind maps are not your thing, here’s the same website checklist as PDF.
In this download, you’ll immediately get:
- Website review checklist file.
- Detailed instructions on how to get started.
- Links to 12 free tools that will make your life easier.
- Links to two video tutorials on how to use this checklist effectively.