Learn who the book is for, what’s inside and how you can use it to improve your website.
Who is this book for?
This book is for you if you’re:
- A business owner who takes care of their website themselves. You’ll learn how to write better copy and how to make sure that your design doesn’t kill your message.
- A copywriter who wants to sharpen their skill and also learn how to prevent designers from murdering their copy later on. You’ll learn to spot bad design decisions and discover powerful arguments to use in conversations with your clients and their designers.
- A web designer who wants to design not only pretty websites but also websites that convert.
- A business owner who is planning to hire someone to create their website for them. You’ll learn how to spot ineffective copy and sloppy design to make sure that the pretty website you’re paying for will also convert.
Among other things, you’ll learn:
- How to spot (and fix) vague and self-centered copy
- How to sound trustworthy even without testimonials
- How to structure your homepage to make your message clear
- Why you should delete your Testimonials and FAQ pages
- Where to place call-to-action buttons to get more people to click
- What design mistakes get in the way of your message
Take a shortcut to a website that works
Want to learn how to drive more business through your website without taking an expensive course or reading a pile of books?
“Making Your Website Work” helps you understand what makes a great website through practical tips you can apply to your website and get new clients and sales today.
It doesn’t teach you all the copywriting formulas, make you learn design rules by heart or generally talk a lot about things in theory.
Instead, it describes real website problems that freelancers, digital agencies, ecommerce shops and SaaS companies face – the same problems you have with your website – and shows you how to fix them through practical tips.
What the readers say
“It’s full of actionable advice so you can make improvements right away. […] Despite the quick read time, I have tons of notes and highlights.” ~ Lupita, USA
“The book has more actionable info than some full-blown copy writing courses.” ~ Elena, USA
“I particularly liked that she focuses on getting things done, and doesn’t get bogged down needlessly in theory. If you have or work on a website and want to make it perform better, this is a great place to start.” ~ KT, UK
“For me, the most effective way to learn something new is when I can use and apply what I’ve learned right away. That works really well with this book.” ~ Steph, Germany
“I loved reading this book. The tips are easy to implement and most of them are non-tech and can be applied by any website owner.” ~ ER, France
“Super easy read & highly actionable tips on how to improve your website.” ~ Chris, Canada